- Are you missing one or more teeth?
- Would you like to restore the beauty of your natural teeth?
- Do you have difficulty eating certain foods or speaking clearly due to tooth loss?
- Do you suffer from the discomfort of ill-fitting dentures?
A dental implant may be the solution for you – ask your dentist for more details or request a dental implant consultation by calling 01943 461501.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an effective way of replacing a missing tooth or one that needs to be extracted. They can also be used for replacing multiple teeth and for securing dentures (known as overdentures). Unlike a traditional denture or bridge, dental implants are actually anchored to your jaw, providing much greater support and allowing more effective eating, speaking and smiling.
An implant is an artificial whole tooth; it consists of a root made of titanium and a natural-looking replacement tooth made of porcelain. The root is placed within the gum to join with the jawbone, forming a strong and secure foundation. The replacement tooth is then fitted on top of the titanium root. Dental implants can be used to secure one or more teeth in place, right up to a full set of teeth.
Cosmetic dental implants are one of the greatest leaps forward in dentistry in recent years, and are as close to natural teeth as dentists can achieve with the current available technology.
If you decide to have implants, treatment will take place over several months. You will begin with a thorough treatment planning consultation to discuss all your treatment options and costs, followed by the implant placement into the jaw bone and (after about 3 months) the restorative phase where the replacement tooth is fixed on top of the post. Your Manor Square dentist will go through each stage of the treatment with you before it begins and also give you a timetable for completing treatment.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Improved self-confidence compared with dentures – implants are more comfortable than conventional dentures and any worry about dentures moving or slipping is removed.
- Preservation of the shape of the face – implants help to maintain the shape and structure of the facial bone by preventing the jawbone from shrinking due to missing teeth.
- There’s no need to grind down healthy teeth – implants are an alternative to bridgework for replacing missing teeth but, unlike bridges, they do not affect the healthy teeth next to them.
For more information about cosmetic dental implants, ask your Manor Square dentist or request a dental implant consultation by calling 01943 461501.
Dental implant treatment at Manor Square
At Manor Square Dental Practice, all our dental implant patients are treated by our resident implant dentist Dr Gregory Cadman B.D.S.
Greg is supported by our highly skilled Manor Square dental team as well as some of the UK’s finest dental technicians and uses Astratech implants, which are one of the most heavily researched and predictable dental implant systems available.